Recycling is the process of converting waste materials into new materials and objects. Recycling of products has a direct and beneficial impact on the environment.
- Recycling conserves finite natural resources.
- Recycling conserves fresh water up to 95 percent in the mining and manufacturing process for many materials.
- Recycling helps prevent waste from going into oceans, which is still a common practice for many countries.
- Recycling significantly reduces the use of fossil fuel energy and reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
- Garden hoses
- Sewing needles
- Bowling balls
- Food or food-soiled paper
- Propane tanks or cylinders
- Aerosol cans that aren’t empty
- Certain plastics and glass
- Light bulbs
- Furniture & Mattresses
- Computers, Monitors, Printers, Copy Machines, Shredders, Televisions
- Hot Tubs